- Location: Full sun, is wind resistant. USDA zones 9b-11 outdoors. Seedlings and young trees require some protection depending on your location.
- Spacing: 33-65 feet apart.
- Soil: Do best in deep, well drained soils slightly acidic, but tolerate a great range of soils.
- Fertilization: Young trees – 6-6-3 NPK (1/4 pound) every 2-3 months, fruit bearing trees – 8-3-9 NPK (1/2 pound) 3-4 times per year.
- Harvest: Fruits mature in late spring to early summer.
- Habitat: Slow-growing, evergreen tree. Can grow from 15-35 ft. Leaflets close up at night.
- Pruning: Late winter